RENEWED FOUNDATION OF THE LIBERAL JEWISH COMMUNITY, L.J.G
It took until the 1950’s for a small group of people to find the courage to restart the LJG, the Liberal Jewish Community. This ‘Liberaal Joodse Gemeente’ was refounded in 1958. Mr. R.A. (Bob) Levisson who played a major part in this ‘resurrection’, was to be its president for decades. One of his achievements was the purchase and restauration of the old Portuguese synagogue.